Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i stop my male rabbit humping?

Default how do i stop my male rabbit humping?

:hmm:

he is 6moths old and was neauterd about 3weeks ago, he is not fully bonded with my female and only took a few days they absolutly each other! only problem is he still gets excited sometimes and humps her, and when i am out i can't be there to take him off her :/

any suggestions?..

Golden Bunnies Member
    Supersenior Guru

Hiya, it can take between 6-8 weeks for hormones to die down after neutering. Fingers crossed he will calm down in a couple of weeks and forget what it was all about :thumbsup:
    * Shadow n Sapphire * Miss Marple n Agatha Christie * Jesse Alice Lily Coco Pandora Grayson Mr D'Arcy, Eric n Ernie * Ozzy *

Quote Originally Posted by Jules7 View Post
    Hiya, it can take between 6-8 weeks for hormones to die down after neutering. Fingers crossed he will calm down in a couple of weeks and forget what it was all about :thumbsup:
    yeh i figured he might need mor time, do you think its best to kepp them seperate when i am not in the house then? :/ i was just so excited for them to finally live together, as my female needs company to come out of her shy litte shell!

Golden Bunnies Member
    Supersenior Guru

So long as he isn't biting her or drawing blood, I would leave them to it if they're already bonded or you'll end up having to restart bonding from scratch. She will get fed up with him in the end and chase him off if he gets too annoying! :winky:

You could try putting a soft toy in with them (make sure there are no chewable bits and no beans inside - something like a baby's first toy is perfect). He might turn his attentions to that instead x
    * Shadow n Sapphire * Miss Marple n Agatha Christie * Jesse Alice Lily Coco Pandora Grayson Mr D'Arcy, Eric n Ernie * Ozzy *

So long as he isn't biting her or drawing blood, I would leave them to it if they're already bonded or you'll end up having to restart bonding from scratch. She will get fed up with him in the end and chase him off if he gets too annoying! :winky:

You could try putting a soft toy in with them (make sure there are no chewable bits and no beans inside - something like a baby's first toy is perfect). He might turn his attentions to that instead x

ohh god know, they each other too much aha, there both big softies and they bonded within a few days literally the easiest bond ever! thankyou for your advice

Golden Bunnies Member
    Supersenior Guru

They sound adorable and very much in . Is your doe spayed by the way? There is a possibility she could still get preggers if they were bonded straight after his neuter as the sperm lives for a couple of weeks :erk:

They sound adorable and very much in . Is your doe spayed by the way? There is a possibility she could still get preggers if they were bonded straight after his neuter as the sperm lives for a couple of weeks :erk:

ohh god im nervous now! no shes not shes too young! and they were bonded about 2 weeks after his op, but he didnt hump her straight after the first time he did it was a few days ago and i pulled him off straight away.
    when do rabbits first show signs of pregnancy?:hmm:

Golden Bunnies Member
    Supersenior Guru

Sorry hun, I didn't mean to scare you. They are pregnant for approx 28-35 days and usually start nest building a day or so before they give birth. I'm sure its a very outside chance, so don't panic and you can probably work out from how long they've been together if its likely. I'm sure things will be fine tho :winky:

Sorry hun, I didn't mean to scare you. They are pregnant for approx 28-35 days and usually start nest building a day or so before they give birth. I'm sure its a very outside chance, so don't panic and you can probably work out from how long they've been together if its likely. I'm sure things will be fine tho :winky:

yeh, i ment like how long till you can physically tell? i mean she is only tiny herself, and really young. i hope to god shes not pregnant! :hmm:

Golden Bunnies Member
    Supersenior Guru

Quote Originally Posted by furryfurryfriends View Post
    how long till you can physically tell?
    when babies arrive, it is virtually impossible to tell with any degree of certainty if a doe is pregnant or not, if she is unspeyed and been mounted by a buck she will believe she is pregnant and most likely act that way (which means she may become extreemly agressive towards the buck)... how old is she? seperate them untill the male has been neutered at least 8 weeks... it amazes me how often vets forget to mention this, last year i helped with 4 unwanted litters from recently neutered bucks
    becky - bunny breeder, exhibitor and new BRC judge

My Website