Thread: Share photos of your Outdoor Housing - Sticky

Default Share photos of your Outdoor Housing - Sticky

:hi: Hi everyone, please share photos of your outdoor set-ups here. If you wish you can also add information such as:

Where it was bought/How it was made
    What size it is
    How many bunnies live there

Please can we not discuss photos in this thread, then it will be easy for members to scroll through and view the set-ups. However you are more than welcome to create your own thread where people can comment on your set-ups as I'm sure they're all amazing! :biggrin:

Thanks, Emma L - Mod

Ok I'll start. ::

This is where my 2 bunnies live:

It's a 7 x 5 shed with an attached 8.5ft x 7ft aviary run. My dad built the run using deck boards and mesh but we bought the door. :thumbsup: It cost about 70 for materials all together as we already had the shed. :winky: I the set-up and so do the buns, I like how when I open the shed, the bunnies can't run off round the garden because there's the run there. I also how easy it is to clean because I can walk in there. :happy:

Overall I it and recommend this type of set up. :biggrin:

Golden Bunnies Member
    Supersenior Guru

[B]My set up was a 'chicken/rabbit house' [7'x3'=21 square foot] and attached run like this..

Then we bought this..[5'x3'=15 SF]

then joined them together [just a few simple screws] like this

Inside we added shelves made of 'ply' attached with brackets, added a cat flap to give access to all areas, and an 'inner door' of mesh

Then we added this [6'x4'=24 SF]

And the whole thing now looks like this ...

A rough estimate of square footage is around 60SF NOT INCLUDING any of the extra levels!

Hope you like our home - we are very happy here :thumbsup:

Golden Bunnies Member
    Baby Guru

This is my outdoor set-up for my three rabbits - two lionheads and a mini lop. The shed was bought and neglected before we bought the house 10 years ago so needed significant work to get it useable again. The run was made from scratch using timber and galvanised wire mesh.

Sizing is as follows: a 6ft by 8ft shed attached to a 16ft run. The run is 5ft wide at it's narrowest point and 6.5ft wide at the widest point. The shed has a 7ft by 2ft shelf inside for extra living space. Their total space inside is therefore 62 square feet and their total outdoor space is 88 square feet, so they have a total of 150 square feet for approx. 15 hours a day, with the inside space overnight.

40 square feet of the outdoor space is protected from the elements by a roof and side panels so they can be outdoors without getting wet in the rain.

Inside the shed door:

Looking down the shed:

Dining area:

Storage boxes that also create seats and levels:

Bedroom, living area, activity tree:

Toilet area:

Ramps to second level:

The upper level:

Run pictures:

Wow! These bunnies live in palaces!! So ly to see, I wish all bunny owners were like this!x

Default Hi

They are palaces to bunnies. Wow all soft form sheet covers to bunnies and grass is provided for eating, wow. It is very good. I will make a bunny hose like above picturised houses and keep soft form sheet covers for my one bunny. :biggrin::biggrin: :winky::winky:

I own two rabbits that unfortunately won't bond so can't be together but I keep them in a 8 by 16 ft shed and let the run 4hr each a day ... Any good???

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    This is my outdoor set-up for my three rabbits - two lionheads and a mini lop. The shed was bought and neglected before we bought the house 10 years ago so needed significant work to get it useable again. The run was made from scratch using timber and galvanised wire mesh.

Sizing is as follows: a 6ft by 8ft shed attached to a 16ft run. The run is 5ft wide at it's narrowest point and 6.5ft wide at the widest point. The shed has a 7ft by 2ft shelf inside for extra living space. Their total space inside is therefore 62 square feet and their total outdoor space is 88 square feet, so they have a total of 150 square feet for approx. 15 hours a day, with the inside space overnight.

40 square feet of the outdoor space is protected from the elements by a roof and side panels so they can be outdoors without getting wet in the rain.

Inside the shed door:

Looking down the shed:

Dining area:

Storage boxes that also create seats and levels:

Bedroom, living area, activity tree:

Toilet area:

Ramps to second level:

The upper level:

Run pictures:

this is awsmmm i it :smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smit ten:

We need to update this thread so keep sending in your photos of your indoor setup. I have seen some AMAZING setups here. Great inspiration!!